I’m pretty new to vintage and really just new to having nice things. So I still have questions, and if you have any of the answers please help me out!
- How do you pack your clothes when you travel? I’m about to go home for Christmas and I’m used to just rolling my clothes and stuffing them in my suitcase but I certainly don’t want to treat my nice vintage clothes that way.
- Are stockings uncomfortable? What I’m most concerned about is thigh rub – like many women, my thighs touch each other and rub together when I walk. This can lead to some really uncomfortable chafing if it’s hot or you walk a lot. I also just don’t necessarily enjoy the feeling of my legs rubbing, so I usually wear tights or pants. I want to try out stockings – specifically I’d like to get a girdle, and those require stockings – but I’m concerned about this issue. Any insight?
- Not clothing exactly, but where do you find out about vintage events? I don’t know any other vintage lovers but I would like to, and I know there have to be a ton in LA.
- Where do you find a petticoat that doesn’t go above the knee (what’s up with that?) and doesn’t cost a satchel full of gold?
- Can you wear swing dance shoes outside? I feel like the only cute shoes I can find are swing dance shoes and I want to wear them!!
If you have an answer to any of these questions, I would very much appreciate it! I’m sure I will post more questions as they come up. Let’s make this a two-way street!